Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Suicide



   Hello everyone, I've chosen a slightly more depressing subject to talk about today. But, sometimes we have to just suck it up, and tell the Internet our deepest, darkest feelings in the form of a blog post.
 I know what you're thinking, and no, I am not depressed, I have not attempted suicide.
But, just like everyone else I have thought about suicide.
 It's even started to get more attention from the media, with the award winning book and movie 'All the Bright Places" and some celebrities coming out with personal stories about OCD, suicide attempts and depression.
Now, some could say that any thoughts of suicide, or depressing feelings are unhealthy, and I guess that's true in some kind of way, but at some point in time we've all thought about it. So, if that's the case, we're all suicidal.
  Whether it was a little, 'I wonder' when we were mad at the world, or, a real problem, were you needed to seek real medical attention, or you've simply pondered the subject.

  This subject came to me the other day, when I was driving somewhere with my family and I saw a girl digging through a garbage bag on the side of the road. This isn't aaalll that strange where I'm from, but that combined with some things I'd heard earlier stamped the idea in my mind.
   At first, I though about life, what it means, all that philosophical BS. But then it took a turn for the dark, 'people take their lives every day' I thought. The idea struck me with real, real hard.
  It had never dawned on me soooo clearly, that there are some people, who don't only have to deal with other human beings thinking they're not good enough, but who also don't think they're good enough.
  The bottom line is everyone is good enough to live. But I'm not going to be one of those fucking annoying people on the Internet who like to act like they understand problems they don't know anything about.
  Or tell anyone to just "suck it up" because that's not how it works. I know that, I may not know anything else, but I know that.





I've talked about people who can't help feeling suicidal thoughts, now I'm going to talk about people who do have enough control to avoid it. Only the person knows whether they're suicidal or not.
So it's not like anyone can just go up to anyone and be like, 'hey. stop playin'.
We've all thought about running away, but how many of us have ever done it? When I was six years old, I got mad at my parents and when they weren't looking I stuck out the front door. I got to the corner. Then the guilt took over me and I ran back to my house, telling on myself to my parents.
 Don't laugh, that was far for me.
   I'm not trying to make light of a dark situation, or make fun of anyone, or compare something as rash as suicide to running away a block.
  But what I'm saying is, suicide is not something to play with. Just like it was never funny when we were kids and we'd say to over parents "I'm going to pack my bags, and when you're sleeping I'm running away" and then they'd stay up all night while we were asleep, us not realizing that they took the threat seriously.
 Some people really want to commit suicide. No joke. And I feel like faking, and there are a lot of people who do do this, is just retarded and vain.
  It's the same way when people go on, and on about being obsessed with something, and people who really  do have OCD are like, you don't know the half of it sister/brother.
   Also, people with hearts and souls, take threats like this serious. You can tell that someones not really obsessed with song they heard on the radio. But it's a little harder to tell if someone is contemplating suicide.





Last thing I want to talk about today, are the people who commit unintentional suicide. Check out this idiot.

There was a story a little while ago about a man who set off fireworks on his head... 
Yes. His head.
Now obviously, this was a bad decision. But apparently he thought he was Jesus or something.
We all do stupid things, sometimes we take chances. But you've reached a new level when that chance could possible or will without doubt inflict death upon yourself. Because, in a case like the one I've mentioned, see, I don't call that an unintentional suicide, I call that suicide, because what the fuck did you think was gonna happen?
Of, course, they're are also mistakes. And accidents with guns, and other weapons. And it's just terrible when those things happen.

Okay, hope you enjoyed, leave a comment, talk to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment